Shady O'Grady's Rising Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shady O'Grady's Rising Star

Hello Rising Star is a game where you're an artist and you must create your group and become star. But I have a problem gambling is no longer available for sale and I play the demo Does anyone have this game? I would like a link to download the full version of the rising star because I find no link

Definitely a decently fun game. Shame though. It wasn't worth buying when it was available as the dev had the price at $40, which is a bit high for a game like that (even in 2006) and never lowered it (not once during its almost 10 year lifespan), and even cut support for the game once it started being pirated. I recall a thread where he decided against doing a sequel because of the piracy and even abandoned developing PC games in favor of iOS games.

I'm pretty sure I've got a copy back in my dorm, and I'd offer to send it to you, but I'm out of town and won't be back there for a couple days.

Comment

I could be wrong, but if I remember correctly, the game won't work on Vista or anything after that.

Comment

I asked the creator to send me the game but he does not answer
        Originally posted by YoungLondon View Post
        Definitely a decently fun game. Shame though. It wasn't worth buying when it was available as the dev had the price at $40, which is a bit high for a game like that (even in 2006) and never lowered it (not once during its almost 10 year lifespan), and even cut support for the game once it started being pirated. I recall a thread where he decided against doing a sequel because of the piracy and even abandoned developing PC games in favor of iOS games.

I'm pretty sure I've got a copy back in my dorm, and I'd offer to send it to you, but I'm out of town and won't be back there for a couple days.
        Yes i wish to receive a copy of the full version. Really thanks YoungLondon

Comment

Originally posted by Will View Post
          I could be wrong, but if I remember correctly, the game won't work on Vista or anything after that.
          Works perfectly for me on Windows 7, and I had it working on my Vista partition when I tried that.

It also works well on the Windows XP virtual machine that comes built in with W7

Comment

Originally posted by YoungLondon View Post
            Works perfectly for me on Windows 7, and I had it working on my Vista partition when I tried that.

It also works well on the Windows XP virtual machine that comes built in with W7
            Must have heard wrong. Thanks for clarifying.

Comment

Yeah, it might've needed to be ran in admin/compatibility mode or needed a DEP exception to get it working (I don't have it on my laptop, so I can't check), but I do know it works without issues. No idea if it works on W8 or W10 though.

Comment

Bad news, I can't seem to find the files anywhere. Though, there is a torrent up out there that's got 1 seeder, so you could always try that.

Comment

Working...
                X