Suggestions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions

I love the new FM update and would like to congratulate the people responsible, I am sure people would continue paying for major changes, as it beats to have an update once a year.

I have some humble suggestions.

Retirement Options
    It is annoying building up an artist, and they retire at the worse possible time. I had one artist that was young and retired after one album. This happened 4 times. Now I will try and change her genre. The option here would be a popup or something asking us if we will allow an artist to retire. Then we can say no.
    Another option could be a tick box in the editor that you can tick if you do not want your artist to retire.
    The easiest would be no retirements at the "normal" level.
    This is the most frustrating experience I had.
    Industry Ageism
    This should be at some higher level or some option. Its strange seeing old artists such as Cyndi lauper and Bob Dillion still getting number ones. At some point, artists sucæ as Madonna is no longer relevant anymore.

Originally posted by dauphin View Post
    I love the new FM update and would like to congratulate the people responsible, I am sure people would continue paying for major changes, as it beats to have an update once a year.

I have some humble suggestions.

Retirement Options
    It is annoying building up an artist, and they retire at the worse possible time. I had one artist that was young and retired after one album. This happened 4 times. Now I will try and change her genre. The option here would be a popup or something asking us if we will allow an artist to retire. Then we can say no.
    Another option could be a tick box in the editor that you can tick if you do not want your artist to retire.
    The easiest would be no retirements at the "normal" level.
    This is the most frustrating experience I had.
    You can't turn off Retirement, but, you can extend it in the editor. You'll have to go to the Genre's section, and under the Overview tab, there's a slider labeled "Avg. Span". Crank that to the right and the average span of an artist should be 100 years. If you're using the RL Mods, most of the genre's should be highish already (30-50 year range), but a couple newer additions seem to be shorter.

Comment

I set it at 100, but she still retired!

Comment

Originally posted by dauphin View Post
        I set it at 100, but she still retired!
        PM me with a link to your save file and I'll check it out.

Comment

I deleted the saves, unfortunately. I do not know if others have a problem with retirements, I have read some examples on the board.
          I will give it one more try,
          I do highly recommend that one can turn retirements off. I know it has been wished before

Comment

Working...
          X