Airplay chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airplay chart

will we see an actual airplay chart in the future??

It's something Antuan and I were discussing, and we'd like to do, but we aren't 100% sure how to best quantify and calculate "spins" per station, either in a realistic or realistic seeming way. Remember, they aren't like streaming figures or sales, where you can clearly track individual sales and how frequently they occur.

Researching the subject, most radio stations don't publish data on the songs they air and how often (you can comb through some hour by hour, but how long it'd take to do this and get a general base doesn't make it feasible), and existing RL charts that calculate this (like Nielson and Billboard) don't actually publish their data to the public. We'll discuss it further and try to find a workable solution (we've been throwing ideas back and forth for the past month or so trying to figure something satisfying and somewhat realistic), but that's sorta where we're at when it comes to airplay charts at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungLondon View Post
      It's something Antuan and I were discussing, and we'd like to do, but we aren't 100% sure how to best quantify and calculate "spins" per station, either in a realistic or realistic seeming way. Remember, they aren't like streaming figures or sales, where you can clearly track individual sales and how frequently they occur.

Researching the subject, most radio stations don't publish data on the songs they air and how often (you can comb through some hour by hour, but how long it'd take to do this and get a general base doesn't make it feasible), and existing RL charts that calculate this (like Nielson and Billboard) don't actually publish their data to the public. We'll discuss it further and try to find a workable solution (we've been throwing ideas back and forth for the past month or so trying to figure something satisfying and somewhat realistic), but that's sorta where we're at when it comes to airplay charts at this point.
      if it helps, in US, the number 1 single on airplay charts does something beetween 30k and 40k spins per week (you can see it better here: https://kworb.net/radio/). Maybe if we could create diferents kinds of radios (big stations, small stations) and then, the big stations gives more audience then the small stations, i don't know, but even if we get an airplay chart only with spins, that would be really great

Comment

Originally posted by brgomez View Post

if it helps, in US, the number 1 single on airplay charts does something beetween 30k and 40k spins per week (you can see it better here: https://kworb.net/radio/). Maybe if we could create diferents kinds of radios (big stations, small stations) and then, the big stations gives more audience then the small stations, i don't know, but even if we get an airplay chart only with spins, that would be really great
        I totally Agree!

Comment

Originally posted by brgomez View Post

Whoa, these stats will be helpful! Thanks for these!

Comment

Working...
          X