Updating settings applying to current save

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating settings applying to current save

Only because I've restarted games so many times, it'd be nice if when you updated the settings - it could apply to your current game rather than having to restart the whole game over? If it's possible?

Originally posted by Vlad Cyrus View Post
    Only because I've restarted games so many times, it'd be nice if when you updated the settings - it could apply to your current game rather than having to restart the whole game over? If it's possible?
    This should be the case for the latest update. There's an update button when loading for bringing the save up to date.
    antuan@codeforjustice.com

Comment

No but I mean even like adding a new media show or something, would it apply to the current save or?

Comment

we really need this antuan
        Last edited by littlemonster2008; 04-13-2018, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Cyrus View Post
          No but I mean even like adding a new media show or something, would it apply to the current save or?
          If I'm understanding you correctly, you can sorta do this already, though I can't speak to how buggy this may make your save,

Save files are in the same format as modded datasets (like the RLMod, RLMod2, etc). So, if you take your save files and put them in your Files folder, as you would a mod, you can open your save in the editor and add to your hearts content. Note: If you used a mod when creating your save game, the database files for your save will have the same naming structure as the original mod you used. So make sure you rename the mod in your Files folder before adding your save data, or else you'll overwrite it.

Now, if the above isn't quite what you meant, then here's the part that might be buggy and/or ruin your save (i haven't really done this so I can't verify if there's any bugs/errors in doing so, so back it up before you edit anything!).

The Editor allows you to import different data from other files. So, if you save the RLMod2 or the default dataset with any newer media outlets than your save, you can open your save file, then go into Media (or whatever you wanted to add), then click Import and select the mod/dataset you want to import the data from. It should add it to your save file, and then you just put your save files back into their proper save folder, and load the game like you would normally.

Comment

Working...
          X