Remixes & Acoustic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remixes & Acoustic

It would be nice to have the chance to let a DJ remix a song so it can be released as a single, be included in the album tracklist (a re-release eventually) or even remix a song letting another artist to be featured in the new version! Also this could be a prologue to the chance to release remix albums/compilations! On the same way it would be nice to produce acoustic versions of songs, in the same way the songs get remixed!

Nice idea.

Comment

Any thoughts on how acoustic should work with the current skills/stats of artists in the game?
      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by antuan View Post
        Any thoughts on how acoustic should work with the current skills/stats of artists in the game?
        I know acoustic tracks can have percussion and bass, so this might be overly simplistic, but if the band performing the acoustic song has a guitarist in it, then maybe allow the song to only pull from the guitarists and singers stats and rely on their live stats (since acoustic songs tend to be done in one sitting)?

Also, a thing I'd like to add A lot of bands I follow tend to do acoustic covers of their own stuff for promotional reasons (usually as some sort of media push). So, I guess what I'm asking is, how plausible would it be to to have those Live Performance options at media outlets count as a recorded live acoustic song, able to be released down the road somehow. Or at least with select media outlets maybe? (I know a fair amount of bands did this with all sorts of releases - singles, albums, dvd's, and EP's - from their MTV Unplugged sessions)
        Last edited by YoungLondon; 07-22-2015, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Monky_2405 View Post
          It would be nice to have the chance to let a DJ remix a song so it can be released as a single, be included in the album tracklist (a re-release eventually) or even remix a song letting another artist to be featured in the new version! Also this could be a prologue to the chance to release remix albums/compilations! On the same way it would be nice to produce acoustic versions of songs, in the same way the songs get remixed!
          I would LOVE to be able to remix a song with another artist. For example, feature a rapper for the remix. This would be amazing! Another good thing for remixes would be to have remixes in different genres in order to further push a single. A lot of people who don't like certain songs (because of genre etc) sometimes LOVE a remix in a different genre. Some people hate R&B, but then they love the exact same song remixed in House format. That particular remix then gets bought, played on radio, DJ'd etc, and that further promotes the single and it accumulates more sales. It would be good to be able to release a 'Remixes' single alongside the original (kind of like an EP) like a lot of artists do these days, but still be able to use the same remixes on albums and remix albums if desired.

Comment

I like this suggestion, and would add that allowing any act to remix would be cool. You could choose vocal feature, new (additional) producer, whatever. Obviously I think those would work just like collaborations and would draw from the appropriate stats.

re: covers - I would love to be able to include covers on my tour set list, and I've been just sacrificing some of my recorded songs and naming them appropriately. (But that leaves me with a song called "When Doves Cry" written by Taylor Swift instead of Prince - just a random example.) If there's another way to do it, I'd be interested. Maybe just recording the cover and using it in my set list but never releasing probably.

Comment

Remixes could (for example) be selected for the release of the single, instead of other songs you can pick releasing a single in the tracklist of three!

Comment

Working...
              X