Features and songwriting/producing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Features and songwriting/producing

• Features should be made available in the artist discography (if they become singles) and the sales should be counted too, cause the song is from that artist too even if he is just the featured act.
    • Features should boost the featured act popularity.
    • Features with more than 2 acts.
    • Features should be named in the charts like: Maroon 5's Moves Like Jagger (feat. Christina Aguilera) and if the song win an award, Christina should win it too.
    • Songs should have more than one songwriter and producer.

Plus it would be better if we could select specific artists instead of whole bands for the feature. The MWR2 System works fro Hip-Hop and Pop but it's pretty strange to have a collab between two metal acts for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Version1 View Post
      Plus it would be better if we could select specific artists instead of whole bands for the feature. The MWR2 System works fro Hip-Hop and Pop but it's pretty strange to have a collab between two metal acts for example.
      Yes! This is what I'd love to see. It's fine if it's a singer from one band in another, but it's odd to see "Song X feat. 30 Seconds to Mars" instead of just "Song X feat. Jared Leto".

Comment

Originally posted by Version1 View Post
        This is cool too.

Comment

The features are a big thing for me, and all your suggestions are great

Comment

I also think it would be great if artists on our label could recieve collaboration offers from other artists which we could accept or decline as we please

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Patrick View Post
              I also think it would be great if artists on our label could recieve collaboration offers from other artists which we could accept or decline as we please
              I agree with this one.

Comment

I would like to add this - I'm not 100% sure on the mechanics of collabs in the game, but I'd be interested to know the quality (or an estimate) of the song when requesting a collab. Or at least know what factors determine the quality. A lot of my collabs end up at like 60% quality which is really disappointing because I can usually yield 90+% songs when I match up the genre, theme, etc. right.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubyalicious View Post
                  I would like to add this - I'm not 100% sure on the mechanics of collabs in the game, but I'd be interested to know the quality (or an estimate) of the song when requesting a collab. Or at least know what factors determine the quality. A lot of my collabs end up at like 60% quality which is really disappointing because I can usually yield 90+% songs when I match up the genre, theme, etc. right.
                  I agree. This is pretty annoying. In MWR2, it seemed that most collaborations would end up with a mediocre rating, even if both artists would usually end up with a higher rating alone.

Comment

Working...
                  X