More countries charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More countries charts

I don't know if this will be possible, but it would be very interesting if we could get more countries, at least the biggest ones.

Example:

Music markets, with total retail value, and share of Physical, Digital records
    Ranking Market Retail value US $ (millions) % Change Physical Digital Performance Rights Synchronization
    1 United States 4,898.3 2.1% 26% 71% 0% 4%
    2 Japan 2,627.9 -5.5% 78% 17% 3% 1%
    3 Germany 1,404.8 1.9% 70% 22% 7% 1%
    4 United Kingdom 1,334.6 -2.8% 41% 45% 12% 2%
    5 France 842.8 -3.4% 57% 27% 13% 3%
    6 Australia 376.1 -6.8% 32% 56% 9% 2%
    7 Canada 342.5 - 11.3% 38% 53% 6% 2%
    8 South Korea 265.8 19.2% 38% 58% 3% 1%
    9 Brazil 246.5 2.0% 41% 37% 21% 1%
    10 Italy 235.2 - 4.1% 51% 33% 13% 3%
    11 Netherlands 204.8 2.1% 45% 38% 16 1%
    12 Sweden 189.4 1.3% 15% 73% 10% 2%
    13 Spain 181.1 15.2% 47% 35% 17% 1%
    14 Mexico 130.3 -1.4% 41% 53% 4% 2%
    15 Norway 119.9 0.1% 14% 72% 12% 2%
    16 Austria 114.9 -2.7% 65% 22% 13% 1%
    17 Belgium 111.2 -5.8% 49% 28% 22% 0%
    18 Switzerland 108.2 -8.1% 52% 38% 9% 0%
    19 China 105.2 5.6% 12% 87% 0% 1%
    20 India 100.2 -10.1% 31% 58% 8% 3%
    Global total 14,966 -0.4% 46% 46% 6% 2%

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global...ket_share_data

*These are the top 20 markets in the world in 2014.

I like your suggestion

Comment

That's a really good idea

Comment

This would add so much more depth and realism to the game

Comment

That's a lot of charts though..The UI could get pretty messy when looking at the Discography. It would be cool, but I don't know if it'd work out.

Comment

Originally posted by ViolentSound View Post
            That's a lot of charts though..The UI could get pretty messy when looking at the Discography. It would be cool, but I don't know if it'd work out.
            I agree, and all that data could slow down the game

Comment

Originally posted by Sauras View Post

I agree, and all that data could slow down the game
              You're right, this has to be carefully done or else it could become a major disaster. I have come up with some ideas on this for future versions of the game, most likely MWR4.
              [email protected]

Comment

It could be like a small feature, like you'd have a branching menu or something that would show the full break down in every single country, well the top 20 of them. It would just randomly assign a chart position based on the sales in the continent overall and popularity of the artist and song. That way it won't have to calculate individual units.

Id just be happy with Japan and S.Korea being separate charts/regions ^.^

Comment

Originally posted by ViolentSound View Post
                  Id just be happy with Japan and S.Korea being separate charts/regions ^.^
                  I like this. Since MWR2 had sub regions, why not allow the Sub Regions to have their own charts, assuming it won't provide a hit in performance.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungLondon View Post
                    I like this. Since MWR2 had sub regions, why not allow the Sub Regions to have their own charts, assuming it won't provide a hit in performance.

Yeah I think this would be great/

Comment

Hmm. This can be easily done without logging chart data in the backend. For example, an easy way to do this would be to not store any data about chart positions such as last week pos or peak pos. I'll still look into expanding it but I'm wondering if you still want this feature even without the ability to look at sales in the past or last week pos ?
                      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by antuan View Post
                        Hmm. This can be easily done without logging chart data in the backend. For example, an easy way to do this would be to not store any data about chart positions such as last week pos or peak pos. I'll still look into expanding it but I'm wondering if you still want this feature even without the ability to look at sales in the past or last week pos ?
                        And we would be able to see the sales each week? the total sold? Like I still would want to be able to see the song peak position and the total sold in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by rebukeyuyi View Post

And we would be able to see the sales each week? the total sold? Like I still would want to be able to see the song peak position and the total sold in the end.
                          Sales each week and total sold, yes, but not peak or last week chart pos. Unless, I think of another way
                          [email protected]

Comment

Sales each week and total sold, yes, but not peak or last week chart pos. Unless, I think of another way
                            hm for me it's okay.

Comment

For me personally, I'd prefer to keep the peak and last week pos over the extra charts

Comment

Working...
                              X