• Show
Clear All

• YoungLondon
    started a topic v1.17x test patch 2 - Seasonal Trends

v1.17x test patch 2 - Seasonal Trends

Changelog:
    -Fixed bug preventing offline play
    -Fixed bug allowing retired acts to collaborate and remix
    -Fixed a bug preventing the "Include B-Sides" option in the editor from applying to Greatest Hits and Compilation albums
    -Fixed bug allowing duplicate contract requests from going through if the player makes multiple requests
    -Implemented seasonal trends. This is the big one of this patch. It's same trends and effects as the ones in MWR2, but with some fun new specifications.

This was a quick addition to (hopefully) fix the charting problems people are having that are new to MWE, as this feature is the only thing removed between MWR2 and MWE that effected sales/charting and should be the source of the "flops" you guys are reporting and experiencing. Also, because it's a quick addition, we haven't allocated any screen space in game to displaying which seasonal trend is in effect, though we'll add that in the official release of v1.17 when we figure out where it should go. To give a run down on the trends and their effects:

-Holiday Sales occur in December and multiplies all sales by 1.5
    -Slow New Year happens in January and divides all sales in half
    -Love Songs happens in Feb and multiplies sales by 1.5 for singles with the themes of Love, Romance, or Sex
    -Summer Anthems occurs in June and July and multiplies single sales by 2
    -Winter Ballads occurs in Oct and Nov and multiplies sales by 2 for singles with the themes Winter, Holidays, or Christmas.
    Click here to download this test patch.
    Click here to download the full installer for this version

How to install the patch:
    -Download the file linked above and open it using winrar, winzip, 7zip, or some other compression software
    -Extract the included file to your Music Wars Empire install directory, or where you've installed MWE to (this is usually C:\Music Wars\Music Wars Empire, or C:\Music Wars\Music Wars Empire FM).
    Last edited by YoungLondon; 01-06-2019, 10:31 PM.

• jaleeljohnson105
    replied
    Originally posted by luuizhenriquem View Post
    Oh welp... I guess not? antuan YoungLondon
    Updates take some time. Be patient.

Leave a comment:

• luuizhenriquem
    replied
    Oh welp... I guess not? antuan YoungLondon

Leave a comment:

• luuizhenriquem
    replied
    where's the new update?

Leave a comment:

• jaleeljohnson105
    replied
    Will the next update include some new features to the game?

Leave a comment:

• Garyneuk
    replied
    Any chance of fixing the in game editor I have been trying to switch on Physical sales for Single releases but no changes I make in the editor save I click on the update button and nothing happens I exit the menu and go back in to see if the changes have taken effect and they have reverted back to the default settings. I am using this latest version.

Leave a comment:

• rebukeyuyi
    replied
    Anyone know a song theme that sells really bad? I want to make an album that flops really bad.

Leave a comment:

• YoungLondon
    replied
    Originally posted by Felipe Nunes View Post
    so long time... haha

some news??
    It hasn't been that long. Last official major build was when we moved things to Steam last month, but Antuan's done smaller quick fix builds in the weeks after that we haven't numbered.

Right now Antuan's swamped with finals, but I've got our bug list cleaned up and up to date. So when he's ready we're going to get back into the swing of things and work on the next update.

Leave a comment:

• Felipe Nunes
    replied
    so long time... haha

some news??

Leave a comment:

• jaleeljohnson105
    replied
    Please adjust collaborations in future versions so it’s easier to get features with other artists.

Leave a comment:

• rebukeyuyi
    replied
    Originally posted by antuan View Post

What type of release are you trying to create? You won't see the new song appear if its a compilation because it needs to be already released.
    I just can't record a collab or remix. It doesn't work. I click on the collaboration/remix button and click on select song, but when I select the song it should go back the collab or remix tab, but it goes to the release tab.

edit: I was doing it wrong, nevermind.
    Last edited by rebukeyuyi; 04-03-2019, 02:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• antuan
    replied
    Originally posted by jaleeljohnson105 View Post
    Quick question, how do you short list artists that you currently have signed?
    There's a button next to the 'Overview' heading on the profile screen.

Leave a comment:

• jaleeljohnson105
    replied
    Quick question, how do you short list artists that you currently have signed?

Leave a comment:

• antuan
    replied
    Originally posted by rebukeyuyi View Post

When I go to create a collab/remix, I have to pick a song but when picked it will go to the normal release. It will ask for the name, numbers of copies and nothing about the collab/remix.
    What type of release are you trying to create? You won't see the new song appear if its a compilation because it needs to be already released.

Leave a comment:

• rebukeyuyi
    replied
    Originally posted by YoungLondon View Post

How do you mean? They wont show up as being addable for singles, albums, etc?
    When I go to create a collab/remix, I have to pick a song but when picked it will go to the normal release. It will ask for the name, numbers of copies and nothing about the collab/remix.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X