• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v1.17x test patch 2 - Seasonal Trends

Changelog:
    -Fixed bug preventing offline play
    -Fixed bug allowing retired acts to collaborate and remix
    -Fixed a bug preventing the "Include B-Sides" option in the editor from applying to Greatest Hits and Compilation albums
    -Fixed bug allowing duplicate contract requests from going through if the player makes multiple requests
    -Implemented seasonal trends. This is the big one of this patch. It's same trends and effects as the ones in MWR2, but with some fun new specifications.

This was a quick addition to (hopefully) fix the charting problems people are having that are new to MWE, as this feature is the only thing removed between MWR2 and MWE that effected sales/charting and should be the source of the "flops" you guys are reporting and experiencing. Also, because it's a quick addition, we haven't allocated any screen space in game to displaying which seasonal trend is in effect, though we'll add that in the official release of v1.17 when we figure out where it should go. To give a run down on the trends and their effects:

-Holiday Sales occur in December and multiplies all sales by 1.5
    -Slow New Year happens in January and divides all sales in half
    -Love Songs happens in Feb and multiplies sales by 1.5 for singles with the themes of Love, Romance, or Sex
    -Summer Anthems occurs in June and July and multiplies single sales by 2
    -Winter Ballads occurs in Oct and Nov and multiplies sales by 2 for singles with the themes Winter, Holidays, or Christmas.
    Click here to download this test patch.
    Click here to download the full installer for this version

How to install the patch:
    -Download the file linked above and open it using winrar, winzip, 7zip, or some other compression software
    -Extract the included file to your Music Wars Empire install directory, or where you've installed MWE to (this is usually C:\Music Wars\Music Wars Empire, or C:\Music Wars\Music Wars Empire FM).
    Last edited by YoungLondon; 01-06-2019, 10:31 PM.

Nice to see the seasonal trends being added in!

Just to ask regarding them as you mention there's no space for them on the screen at the moment, but once 1.17 is officially released, will we be able to edit the seasonal trends in the editor also?

Comment

• YoungLondon
      YoungLondon commented
      Editing a comment
      Unfortunately, no. These trends are hardcoded into the game so that they're compatible with any mod/database as well as existing saves. To make them editable would require mod makers to update their mods to use them, and any existing saves would need to be manually edited by the player to add them in. It just seemed easier on everyone to go the hardcode route for these.

Though for MWE2, it's definitely something we're interested in doing.
      Last edited by YoungLondon; 01-06-2019, 06:37 PM.

Ugh, for some reason, my text has gone back to not being rendered properly after using this patch:

If you look at the "Loading" text compared to the "Artist spotlight". The fuzzy text is the same for all the buttons too and I believe this is causing the slight split second lag when switching screens.

Comment

The text size seems to be different:

Canada, Latin America and UK have a smaller size.

Comment

YoungLondon The Patch isn't working for me. The game is frozen on main menu (I can't click the editor or new game), Also my older games won't load to open

Comment

Originally posted by littlemonster2008 View Post
          YoungLondon The Patch isn't working for me. The game is frozen on main menu (I can't click the editor or new game), Also my older games won't load to open
          Did you install the patch to your games directory? What you're experiencing is when you run the patched exe from a folder that's not your game directory.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungLondon View Post

Did you install the patch to your games directory? What you're experiencing is when you run the patched exe from a folder that's not your game directory.
            Yes I did. It's Just not Working

Comment

• littlemonster2008
              littlemonster2008 commented
              Editing a comment
              I also have FM but I don't have "C:\Music Wars\Music Wars Empire FM)" Directory

• YoungLondon
              YoungLondon commented
              Editing a comment
              Shoot me a PM and we can troubleshoot this there

I don't know if it's working, the average sales keep the same all year

Comment

I Don't think it's working. Chart runs are still weird. SIngles in the us keep on rising around week 20 no matter what, no stability at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Monky_2405 View Post
                I Don't think it's working. Chart runs are still weird. SIngles in the us keep on rising around week 20 no matter what, no stability at all.
                Pretty much this. All of my songs debut low then rise up in later weeks before dropping like a rock. Or they debut high, drop, and then climb back up again. Not realistic at all.

There’s no crazy smash multi-week #1s like in real life, either.

Comment

Can award shows and festivals also add to sales and touring huge venues

Comment

I think what can help the charting problem is to bring back album and single popularity

Comment

Originally posted by Dwiz94 View Post
                      Can award shows and festivals also add to sales and touring huge venues
                      I believe they already do.

Comment

I don’t think the seasonal trends have made a difference.

Maybe it it has to do with archiving the songs after a certain amount of weeks? Maybe that’s what’s controlling how songs sell on average? Not really sure.

In future updates, I’d love if new acts could enter the game on a yearly basis again. This feature has been broken since MW2. No new (premade) acts enter the game.

Also, other bands do not appear on media outlets. Maybe this can be fixed as well? Would add to the realism.

Still having trouble building up acts I’ve discovered via the talent search. Any one have any strategies to getting their pop up fairly quickly. Touring doesn’t make much of an impact.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemonster2008 View Post
                          I think what can help the charting problem is to bring back album and single popularity
                          I agree with this!

Comment

Working...
                          X