This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MWE 1.17x - pDevelopment Bug test patch 1

Thanks to those who submitted their saves, we think we've eliminated the cause of the pDevelopment bug that's been freezing people's games. We're posting this as a separate test build for now because it's the only bug fixed in this version and we'd appreciate some testing from those who've previously experienced the bug so we can determine whether or not we've squashed the right bug.

Below is a download link to a patch that's compatible with both the base game and FM. If all goes well, we'll roll it out in an official update and provide the usual installers/patches and Steam update.

Click here to download the patch.

How to install the patch:
    -Download the file linked above and open it using winrar, winzip, 7zip, or some other compression software
    -Extract the included file to your Music Wars Empire install directory, or where you've installed MWE to (this is usually C:\Music Wars\Music Wars Empire, or C:\Music Wars\Music Wars Empire FM).
    Last edited by YoungLondon; 12-05-2018, 02:58 PM.

Can you tell us a prediction when we will have a new huge patch? if it will be this month?

Comment

• YoungLondon
      YoungLondon commented
      Editing a comment
      It all depends on whether or not the fix in this test patch fixes the pDevelopment bug. Currently, this is the largest bug we're aware of in game, and the only one that causes crashes, so it's our highest priority to fix. If all goes well, we'll have another patch soon with some other bug fixes included.

Thank you for this!

Comment

How do you install a patch?

Comment

I'll add these instructions to the post, but to install the patch:
        -Download the file linked above and open it using winrar, winzip, 7zip, or some other compression software
        -Extract the included file to your Music Wars Empire install directory, or where you've installed MWE to (this is usually C:\Music Wars\Music Wars Empire, or C:\Music Wars\Music Wars Empire FM).

Comment

YoungLondon I think the pdevelopment bug has finally been destroyed. My game is running smoothly for the first time since MW2. Thank you!

PS: Has Antuan gotten back to you about the character photos?

Comment

Originally posted by jaleeljohnson105 View Post
            YoungLondon I think the pdevelopment bug has finally been destroyed. My game is running smoothly for the first time since MW2. Thank you!

PS: Has Antuan gotten back to you about the character photos?
            Awesome, do post back if you encounter the bug again!

Regarding the images: We discussed and will be releasing them in a future update at some point as character portraits (you could easily pull them from that folder to fill in as additional artists), but we haven't gone through and sorted the unused ones or planned on a specific timeframe for their release.

Comment

New updates for the new year?

Comment

I know I said it a lot but could you please fix collaborations in MWE. There's only around 10-20 artists who even want to collaborate with me, and the majority aren't even in my genre. It's frustrating looking through the large list of names and not finding anyone.

If it were possible to collaborate with anyone, or just a larger variety of people, meaning the relationship qualifiers would have less weighting, that would be so much better! Or maybe an option to pay more money to get the artist to feature on your song.

Also if there was a genre filter on the screen it would be great.

YoungLondon I know you guys are working on MWE 2.0 right now, but this feature is really needed in my opinion.

Comment

• YoungLondon
                  YoungLondon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'll bring it up with Antuan!!

Once again I'm asking... please, change that "randon flops", 'cause all my singles are always "flopping" in some market... basically all them. It don't make sense.

And stability is terrible in the US, my smash hits are no more capable than 12 weeks in the top 10

Comment

Working...
                X