Update Announcement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update Announcement

Hey everyone, we know it’s been a while since the last update, but we’re trying something new so we’ve got something bigger coming your way than the previous updates.

Starting on August 24, we’ll release update 1.13, which will come in two parts.

The first part is the free update including the usual bug-fixes. We’ve worked hard this time squashing a lot of the problems you guys have been having, and we feel confident that we’ve found the problems with most of them now. The other part is what we’re calling “FM”, the first paid downloadable content pack for Music Wars Empire.

Release albums, customize your album art, dominate the airwaves, and get rich in the process. With Music Wars Empire: FM, it’s never been easier to [size up the competition]!
    • Dominate the airwaves: Watch as your artists try to climb the charts in a new radio station media system.
    • Rich List: Watch as your artists get richer and richer, climbing to the top of a new chart type!
    • Customizable album art: Create and import your own album art to add the next layer of realism for your artists. With the newly redesigned Album page, it’s never looked prettier!
    • Adjustable Ticket Sales: Modify exactly how many tickets you want to sell for a specific show.

Starting on August 17, we’ll begin a dev diary breaking down the big features above, as well as some other minor features that have made their way into this update, releasing a new entry each day until the update is available for purchase.

This type of content is a new venture for us and for the Music Wars series, and in all honesty, is a bit of an experiment. The blunt reality is: Music Wars Empire has been out for three years now, and this is usually the point where we begin work on a new title. Since there’s still posts and suggestions for larger updates, we’ve decided to make a compromise.

If this is something you guys are interested - larger, more feature heavy updates containing heavily requested features - then we’re willing to develop and provide them for Music Wars Empire following your guys’ feedback and feature requests, as “FM” has. If you guys are not interested in this sort of downloadable content, then that sort of feature heavy development will be focused on a new title of some sort instead.

Like I said, this is something that’s new and an experiment, and we’re going to gauge the success (both sales-wise and fan-wise) of this before we consider moving forward with more.

That’s all for now guys. Thank you for your patience and your commitment to the Music Wars series.
    antuan@codeforjustice.com

Paid DLC for features we've requested since Music Wars Rebirth 2... I screamed.

But honestly, how much are we looking at estimate for this DLC? Because I understand you still need to make money from this game and as you said, it's been three years so instead of working on a new game, you're updating and releasing features for this.

If it's around the £5 mark (idk the dollar conversion) then I'm down for that as I do love this game and series. I don't think I've played any other game for so long.

August 24th feels like forever away. Any chance of a beta test...

Comment

A final price is something we're still discussing, but we've agreed that $5 US would be the absolute most we'd charge for any updates/dlc like this.

Comment

Well, I think 5 dollars is fair. But we need more news about what is coming in this update.
        I'm happy about the airplay system... anything about sales plus streaming or nah?

Comment

The Fm update seems very very interesting, I'm so curious to discover the radio station system! The new album page, the rich list! If the price really is around 5$, and not more, I'm so buying it! Any changes to the charts/sale system? Since it's one of the most crucial part in the game that everyone asked to be reworked!

Comment

I'm very excited for these Updates, I'd love for Streams to also win a Jabba Playlist. that the record companies paid the singles of their acts.

and the Acts of competing labels sent Feat to my artists and I would have the option to accept or refuse

Comment

What's going on with the Mac version? Will I ever be able to sell album and single releases? No one responded to me about this bug yet. I wish I could enjoy this game, but my singles and albums won't sell.

Comment

Excited to read this!

Do you guys have a date for the paid contect? YoungLondon antuan ?

Comment

Originally posted by luuizhenriquem View Post
                  Excited to read this!

Do you guys have a date for the paid contect? YoungLondon antuan ?
                  It'll be available for purchase on August 24

Comment

Ok I'm so flipping excited! totally buying. Will radio affect the overall charts?

Comment

Originally posted by littlemonster2008 View Post
                      Ok I'm so flipping excited! totally buying. Will radio affect the overall charts?
                      We're going to be saving any further details for the dev diary we've got planned, the first entry of which will be released on August 17th!

Comment

So excited! Definitely love the idea of expanding upon Empire.

Comment

Do you think you could implement year end charts like Billboard does, showcasing the best performing singles of the year? that would be amazing. Also will Promo singles be able to chart now based on streams alone?

Comment

Is this going to be available for Mac users on Aug 24th as well?

Comment

Originally posted by jvinp View Post
                              Is this going to be available for Mac users on Aug 24th as well?
                              FM isn't being developed to support Mac, no.

Comment

• bernardomrc
                                bernardomrc commented
                                Editing a comment
                                why not ?
                                is it going to be realeased later cause i think a lot of users have a mac so....less people are going to buy it

• YoungLondon
                                YoungLondon commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Antuan and I were discussing this back when he released the Mac 1.11 build, and it was ultimately a testing issue. On our ends, neither of us have an up to date Mac system to test on, so it's not possible for us to playtest the builds on our own before releasing them. This is why those Mac builds Antuan tried previously were so buggy and broken.

Once FM is released, I'll get with Antuan and see if we can figure something out that'll work
                            Working...
                            X