Version 1.11x MacOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Version 1.11x MacOS

Alright folks, I need some testers for the MacOs version. Significant changes were made to the source code in the hopes of making the game cross-compatible between Win and MacOs (so I can update both Mac and Windows versions simultaneously going forward). We've already tested the Windows version quite a bit and have a good sense of what works and what doesn't, so now it's time to do the same for MacOS.

I would like testers to generally play around with the game and let me know if there are red flags. I noticed that sales were acting weird when I tried to play, so it would be helpful if someone could confirm whether sales work or not. As it stands, I believe you will need to use your windows serial to play the game. I think I may make a demo available this weekend for those who would rather test it out on Mac before purchasing.

Click here to download
    Last edited by antuan; 10-01-2017, 02:41 PM.
    [email protected]

It's not letting me get past the serial number screen. I enter the serial and click activate, yet nothing happens.

Comment

Same issue.

Comment

same with me

Comment

So... antuan

Comment

Hmm. Works for me. I'll figure it out!
            [email protected]

Comment

Alright, try this one: download MacOS v1.11
              [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by antuan View Post
                Alright, try this one: download MacOS v1.11
                Clicking on the app launches it but it shuts down immediately. It appears on the dock and disappears not even 1 second later, so it never actually loads the game.
                I tried moving it to desktop, then moving it to the applications folder but it doesn't change anything.
                bernardomrc Ben Patrick is it working for you?
                Love that blue icon btw.
                Last edited by junglefish; 10-01-2017, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by junglefish View Post

Clicking on the app launches it but it shuts down immediately. It appears on the dock and disappears not even 1 second later, so it never actually loads the game.
                  I tried moving it to desktop, then moving it to the applications folder but it doesn't change anything.
                  Love that blue icon btw.
                  So weird / annoying. I'm switching to MacOs full time until this is resolved.
                  [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by junglefish View Post

Love that blue icon btw.
                    It's not because it's from an "unidentified developer," right? I'm assuming you've switched this off in your settings already? If that's not it, i'm not sure what the issue could be because it works for me completely. Try restarting your computer. I'm launching from the desktop if that helps.
                    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by antuan View Post

It's not because it's from an "unidentified developer," right? I'm assuming you've switched this off in your settings already? If that's not it, i'm not sure what the issue could be because it works for me completely. Try restarting your computer. I'm launching from the desktop if that helps.
                      Yep I switched it off already. Also tried restarting my computer. I’m curious to know if it works for the other players who posted in this thread. I can still play on Windows via Bootcamp so it’s not that bad, just really strange because I have no idea what the issue could be either.
                      And thanks for the answer

Comment

• antuan
                        antuan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes, you're right, let's wait for others to chime in first before I completely lose my mind (and night).

• antuan
                        antuan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Maybe check your virus protector?

The same thing's been happening to me. I turned off the "unidentified developer" setting too, and the app appears on the dock for a second before it shuts down.

Comment

Ok I'll fiddle with it tonight.
                        [email protected]

Comment

Comment

OK I think this is the one! Download here
                            [email protected]

Comment

• junglefish
                              junglefish commented
                              Editing a comment
                              It works!

There's an issue though : I can't play with Mods. The Real World one just hangs on when I try to launch a new game. With another Mod I created, lauching a new game works but the charts don't (meaning they're completely empty, even 6 months in.) Also, an issue that I've noticed even with the basegame is that I can't see any labels in the Record Labels tab.
                              Now, I don't know if any other Mac users are experiencing the same issues, it may just be me who did something wrong by mistake.

I'll play a bit with the basegame and tell you if I notice any other bugs. Thank you!

• antuan
                              antuan commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Thanks! Do the charts work with the base game?

• junglefish
                              junglefish commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Yes, the charts work with the base game.
                          Working...
                          X