Version 1.08x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

antuan

One of my videos had 1.3 billion views. Suddenly the same video "returned" to 738 million.

And this same BUG happened not only with a video but with 4 more that had already reached 1 billion views.

And the views of the videos simply die and they never exceed 1.5 billion... In real life we see popular videos like Sorry (Bieber) and Blank Space (Swift) that exceed 2 billion views in less than a year. In the game a video takes 2/3 years to reach 1.5 billion and the views die. And then the grotesque bug happens that makes the views "return" to less than 1 billion views..

Comment

Originally posted by Felipe Nunes View Post
      antuan

One of my videos had 1.3 billion views. Suddenly the same video "returned" to 738 million.

And this same BUG happened not only with a video but with 4 more that had already reached 1 billion views.

And the views of the videos simply die and they never exceed 1.5 billion... In real life we see popular videos like Sorry (Bieber) and Blank Space (Swift) that exceed 2 billion views in less than a year. In the game a video takes 2/3 years to reach 1.5 billion and the views die. And then the grotesque bug happens that makes the views "return" to less than 1 billion views..
      The issue probably stems from an old save or old version of the RLmod. The game should be able to easily count up to at least 5 billions views. Update your files and let me know the result. Thanks!

Click image for larger version  Name:	video_views.PNG Views:	1 Size:	441.0 KB ID:	4767
      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by antuan View Post

The issue probably stems from an old save or old version of the RLmod. The game should be able to easily count up to at least 5 billions views. Update your files and let me know the result. Thanks!

Click image for larger version Name:	video_views.PNG Views:	1 Size:	441.0 KB ID:	4767
        could u tell us about plans to change the charting system plus media making a impact in records/singles and tours and awards as was first planned?

Comment

• antuan
          antuan commented
          Editing a comment
          The main goal at this point is to eradicate all bugs. I think we're almost there, but I don't feel comfortable changing chart mechanics until most if not all of the bugs are addressed. I think we're at a good place with v1.08, but it's too early to tell for sure.

I think I agree with that y'all are saying - we need a new chart formula to give longevity to the singles. Everything that I release always go #1 or top 5, is not realistic.
        Also, even if I try to boycott myself, my single reach the top 15, i don't know what to do anymore, it's boring

Comment

Antuan, the point is that nobody is excited to play the game anymore. Change the charts system and many people will be back to play and report eventual bugs for you.

Comment

Originally posted by brunofernando View Post
            Antuan, the point is that nobody is excited to play the game anymore. Change the charts system and many people will be back to play and report eventual bugs for you.
            I agree. Try to find a bug in a game you're not excited for might be very depressing

Comment

I think these are valid points, BUT part of the reason charts are lackluster may have to do with bugs! I.e. there may be no need to change the formula! In fact, I just discovered and fixed a terrible bug that prevented record labels from ever signing a new band or ever renewing an old contract. Surely, you can see how this problem might give the wrong impression with respect to the chart mechanics. This fix will be available in 1.09x, hopefully tonight.

YoungLondon You've noticed this issue before, right?
              [email protected]

Comment

antuan what about the mac version ?

Comment

• antuan
                  antuan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It'll probably have to wait until the reboot of Music Wars Empire. Once I finishing cleaning up things bugs wise, adding the band pics, band bios etc. I will reboot the game sometime after. That would be a good time for the mac release, because there's a whole additional set of bugs that will come from it being released on a new OS.
                  Last edited by antuan; 07-07-2017, 05:06 PM.

antuan reboot ? sry i don't khow what that means

Comment

• antuan
                  antuan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It'll basically be the (re)launch of the game, as it should have happened originally but for a series of unfortunate events that took away the free time I thought I would have but obviously did not.

oh ok
                just one more question when are you gonna put the mac version on steam ?

Comment

• antuan
                  antuan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Can one do this without having to do another steam greenlight campaign? You tell me.

antuan right now the steam green light does not work anymore its closed and was replaced by steam direct or something like that but i m almost sure you don't need to go through for another one of those processes bc your game is already published there so i think you only need to add the mac version there like the file

Comment

Originally posted by antuan View Post
                  I think these are valid points, BUT part of the reason charts are lackluster may have to do with bugs! I.e. there may be no need to change the formula! In fact, I just discovered and fixed a terrible bug that prevented record labels from ever signing a new band or ever renewing an old contract. Surely, you can see how this problem might give the wrong impression with respect to the chart mechanics. This fix will be available in 1.09x, hopefully tonight.

YoungLondon You've noticed this issue before, right?
                  I'm sure you have a point here, but I'm also 90% sure that this wouldn't change the fact it takes the usual 19 weeks for a song to peak or once it peaks in the top 5 or goes #1, it drops instantly. Regardless, these bugs being sorted is great.

May I also suggest editing the boost effect for albums once a single goes top 10? Having an album go from non-charting after 78 weeks of release to then shooting up top 10 is a bit, I mean it's clearly possible but I feel like it's way too easy. Maybe have the effect grow stronger the longer a single is in the top 10? Because right now it shoots up for one week and then drops instantly, even if the single is still top 10. Then it'll bounce back up and it's that cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by JustLuke View Post

May I also suggest editing the boost effect for albums once a single goes top 10? Having an album go from non-charting after 78 weeks of release to then shooting up top 10 is a bit, I mean it's clearly possible but I feel like it's way too easy. Maybe have the effect grow stronger the longer a single is in the top 10? Because right now it shoots up for one week and then drops instantly, even if the single is still top 10. Then it'll bounce back up and it's that cycle.
                    That would be one of my suggestions too!

Comment

we DEFINETLY need CHART LONGEVITY at the US charts

Comment

Is the fan rating thing easy to fix?

Comment

Working...
                        X