• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Version 1.08x

I. Test Version 1.08x is Available

A. File Instructions

1. One file: MWE exe.
    2. Replace EXE in the main game directory.

B. Updates

1. This version should address the digital stream sales glitch some players were encountering.
    2. Clearing tours should work in this version (this feature saves on loading time)
    3. Change genre menu screen should work now.
    4. Removed all traces of the Slicker font. (No longer shall players need to install a font.)

C. Official Release

I hope to release this as the official 1.08 version this weekend to Steam and the website if all goes well with testing.
    Last edited by antuan; 06-29-2017, 03:50 AM.
    antuan@codeforjustice.com

I'll test it this afternoon Antuan. I'm happy you're on the game again. And I still want to be patiant, what this game needs is a change to the way sales work. Basically all of us players are asking for it, the way it is now just ruin the experience of a game that could be so much better, with a lot of potential!

Comment

• antuan
      antuan commented
      Editing a comment
      You basically mean to make sales more like MWR2, right?

• Monky_2405
      Monky_2405 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sales number are fine the way they are, It's the way the charts work that bothers me! The US singles one is the biggest issue there. The chart run is mechanic, songs or debut very low and peak very high around week 20 and then freefall..or they start very high and then freefall. Also, digital sales are not enough, meaning that if I release a single with physical copies available it sell well, no matter what the popularity is, once the physical copies are over the song starts freefalling as the digital sales miss stability. So basically yes, a little more like MWR2 would be better! THe most important thing is that the success of the song should depend on song quality, artist popularity, and promotion..media needs to help sales!!

• Monky_2405
      Monky_2405 commented
      Editing a comment
      about the issue with the physical copies. The AI controlled artists only release their first single with physical copies available, every other single is only digital and most of the times it doesn't even chart

antuan will media work as promotion to albuns again or not? Could u please answer me?

Also, will new songs be able to get in compilations/greatest hits like MWR2?

Will awards boost sales?

Also will singles get a better stability? please answer
    Last edited by luuizhenriquem; 06-29-2017, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• antuan
      antuan commented
      Editing a comment
      There are no changes to chart mechanics in this version, besides certain errors associated with streams.

antuan

One of my videos had 1.3 billion views. Suddenly the same video "returned" to 738 million.

And this same BUG happened not only with a video but with 4 more that had already reached 1 billion views.

And the views of the videos simply die and they never exceed 1.5 billion... In real life we see popular videos like Sorry (Bieber) and Blank Space (Swift) that exceed 2 billion views in less than a year. In the game a video takes 2/3 years to reach 1.5 billion and the views die. And then the grotesque bug happens that makes the views "return" to less than 1 billion views..

Comment

Originally posted by Felipe Nunes View Post
      antuan

One of my videos had 1.3 billion views. Suddenly the same video "returned" to 738 million.

And this same BUG happened not only with a video but with 4 more that had already reached 1 billion views.

And the views of the videos simply die and they never exceed 1.5 billion... In real life we see popular videos like Sorry (Bieber) and Blank Space (Swift) that exceed 2 billion views in less than a year. In the game a video takes 2/3 years to reach 1.5 billion and the views die. And then the grotesque bug happens that makes the views "return" to less than 1 billion views..
      I experience this exact same issue! It happens with streaming too.

Also, something needs to be done with charting. The charts are seriously screwed and unrealistic, and it just makes the game unenjoyable.

Comment

Does this not work with the Real World Mod? I installed the new files and virtually nothing changed, expect I could click on the Clear Tours option. All artists are maxed out on skills and popularity, and a newly released single didn't even chart on streaming. Same goes for Music Videos.

Comment

antuan What I meant is weather will we see this on the game or not... lol I don't see anyone talking bout this but I can't see how media/and awards wouldn't work as promotion for albuns and singles.

Also, almost never the awards "approach" big acts on the label to perfrom, it's kinda of annoying

it's been a long time coming you know? And PLEASE don't get me wrong I know u have a life and things to do but could u be more clear in what's to come for the game and etc? We all would appreciate this. Thank you!

Also we should be able to book our performers on the Awards/Festivals tbh, depending on their popularity they can reject we performing

we could get like "Award X coming, try to book your performer" would be a lot better and esiar tbh

please anwer, been a fan of the series for the longest time and I think u remember me, if u could answer I would appreciate
          Last edited by luuizhenriquem; 06-30-2017, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Finally some news, I'm going to test this right now, but please, at least think about the stuff with the sales

Comment

When Will The Fan rating for our songs be fixed?? It gets annoying to never a good fan rated song.

Comment

Oh well...

Comment

I can't stand playing the game with its current chart system. There's no fun!
                  Also fix the Fan Rating, please!!

Comment

Yay another update! Thanks antuan !

I also would like to see the sales mechanic updated too, it really would make the game more interesting and enjoyable. I find myself playing Music Wars Rebirth 2 much more due to this.

Comment

Just bring back the chart system from MWR2, please!
                      Look how the singles charted back then: https://musicwars.codeforjustice.com...brazilian-star

Comment

Well well well

Comment

and the fan ratings? and also, the chart mechanics are without any fun tbh

Comment

Working...
                          X