No announcement yet.

V.1.06x (January bug resolved)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly do not get how you do not think the chart is important enough to work on when people are telling you that it is ruining their experience of this game. As a music industry simulation game, surely the chart/sales behaviour is an important factor in making the game enjoyable. The main issues are that we need all the features you have in the game to contribute to helping sales as they feel a bit like pointless features. The promotional features in the game like media, peformances, awards, festivals, touring seem pointless to me as they do nothing tangible apart from touring which makes you money. Your song is gonna chart a few certain predictable ways based on your popularity and that is it. Different singles from the same artist will always peak around the same amount of sales when in reality acts have singles that sell in different ways and quantities. Secondly, the songs chart life in the US is too short once it becomes a hit. Most hits usually spend many months at a steady level of sales and keep the abum selling a steady amount. Thirdly the album sales need to be more stable. It's not enjoyable to have to release a single every few weeks to try and keep the album going as nothing else influences it's sales and once the single is out the top 10 it drops ridiculously lower than the previous week. In all honesty it just feels like the game controls your chart life and that's it. Now I do not know what enjoyable game, turns the main goal of the game into a predictable loop and expects the player to enjoy this over and over again.

I feel like we keep saying the same thing over and over again but are not getting an answer on why you do not feel these suggestions are worth looking into. If you are not planning on doing anything with this, then could you please release the version of MWR2 in which all the media and touring helped boost single and album sales? Even though it was buggy it was the last time I really enjoyed the game

Comment

Originally posted by sauras View Post
      i honestly do not get how you do not think the chart is important enough to work on when people are telling you that it is ruining their experience of this game. As a music industry simulation game, surely the chart/sales behaviour is an important factor in making the game enjoyable. The main issues are that we need all the features you have in the game to contribute to helping sales as they feel a bit like pointless features. The promotional features in the game like media, peformances, awards, festivals, touring seem pointless to me as they do nothing tangible apart from touring which makes you money. Your song is gonna chart a few certain predictable ways based on your popularity and that is it. Different singles from the same artist will always peak around the same amount of sales when in reality acts have singles that sell in different ways and quantities. Secondly, the songs chart life in the us is too short once it becomes a hit. Most hits usually spend many months at a steady level of sales and keep the abum selling a steady amount. Thirdly the album sales need to be more stable. It's not enjoyable to have to release a single every few weeks to try and keep the album going as nothing else influences it's sales and once the single is out the top 10 it drops ridiculously lower than the previous week. In all honesty it just feels like the game controls your chart life and that's it. Now i do not know what enjoyable game, turns the main goal of the game into a predictable loop and expects the player to enjoy this over and over again.

I feel like we keep saying the same thing over and over again but are not getting an answer on why you do not feel these suggestions are worth looking into. If you are not planning on doing anything with this, then could you please release the version of mwr2 in which all the media and touring helped boost single and album sales? Even though it was buggy it was the last time i really enjoyed the game
      exactly!!!!!!!

Comment

i actually thought the game was abandoned as i play via steam and there's been no comms on this in ages, plus the updates are being pushed up to steam players, i just checked my game via steam and its 1.02 ...... can the updates please be added to steam.

however onto this topic, totally agree with the comments, pls listen to the players

edit - just realised this is open testing ... hence the steam update issue, but even so its been months since a update then

Comment

Originally posted by Sauras View Post
          I honestly do not get how you do not think the chart is important enough to work on when people are telling you that it is ruining their experience of this game. As a music industry simulation game, surely the chart/sales behaviour is an important factor in making the game enjoyable. The main issues are that we need all the features you have in the game to contribute to helping sales as they feel a bit like pointless features. The promotional features in the game like media, peformances, awards, festivals, touring seem pointless to me as they do nothing tangible apart from touring which makes you money. Your song is gonna chart a few certain predictable ways based on your popularity and that is it. Different singles from the same artist will always peak around the same amount of sales when in reality acts have singles that sell in different ways and quantities. Secondly, the songs chart life in the US is too short once it becomes a hit. Most hits usually spend many months at a steady level of sales and keep the abum selling a steady amount. Thirdly the album sales need to be more stable. It's not enjoyable to have to release a single every few weeks to try and keep the album going as nothing else influences it's sales and once the single is out the top 10 it drops ridiculously lower than the previous week. In all honesty it just feels like the game controls your chart life and that's it. Now I do not know what enjoyable game, turns the main goal of the game into a predictable loop and expects the player to enjoy this over and over again.

I feel like we keep saying the same thing over and over again but are not getting an answer on why you do not feel these suggestions are worth looking into. If you are not planning on doing anything with this, then could you please release the version of MWR2 in which all the media and touring helped boost single and album sales? Even though it was buggy it was the last time I really enjoyed the game
          yep............................................... .......

Comment

yeah it's ridiculous that ppl who are asking for a change in the game are the ones who are buying it, and changes are't even being considered.

Comment

Originally posted by lapras View Post
              Popularity bug antuan

I changed the popularity of one act in the editor, but when I start a new game popularity is not changed.
              Seems to work for me. Try going back to the editor and doing it again with a new save.
              [email protected]

Comment

• Vlad Cyrus
                Vlad Cyrus commented
                Editing a comment
                do u plan on adding or changing anything in the upcoming updates then?

• antuan
                antuan commented
                Editing a comment
                I've added a physical sales slider, so that you can adjust the physical sales for DVD and other release types. This will be in the next update.

• Monky_2405
                Monky_2405 commented
                Editing a comment
                I like thise Antuan! Is there going to be a slider for digital sales too?

also, i think in the next update promo and etc. should affect sales. and at least being able to promote in more than one place or something..

Comment

Cant check the 'Clear tour' box.

Comment

I'm not sure why but my artists keep disappearing from my label more frequently now.

I have sent you a save, in that same save (after I sent you it) another artist has disappeared.

Comment

Antuan, would it be possible to get some sort of filter on talent searches?

It's a pain having to go through each artist individually, trying to find the person who has the best stats.

Comment

Some old bugs I'm still seeing:
                      -Labels that go out of business are still listed as being "Active" on the Other Labels screen. (also, a decade in, well over half of the labels are out of business already. This could just be due to the CEO's assigned to them, but it seems a bit high imo)
                      -Artists popularity decay seems to bottom out at 20% across all regions. I'm playing on the hardest difficulty, and because of the quicker popularity decay, almost every artist that isn't signed is always at 20% in every region.
                      -Also, a decade in, and the load times have gotten pretty bad. It's taking forever to load not just from week to week, but also switching between other screens.
                      Last edited by YoungLondon; 11-28-2016, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Bug with the investments of the shows. Investment is always the first value we select. I scheduled the first shows in Japan with a 50k investment. In another continent i select no budget, but kept the 50k.
                        The budget will only change if you change the name of the tour.

Comment

A stranger bug is happening with me, first, the streams: on the first week the song has a total of streams different from the streams on the first week, for example: Everyday by Ariana Grande has 2,348,157 on his first week, but in the total, doesn't appear that number, but another one bigger, like, 4,974,483.

Another bug is in the countries chart, I mean, the subcharts like Germany, Italy, Brazil or Australia, for singles and albuns. When I look into the charts, the song has sold something, for example, is Number 1 in Italy with 5,700 and Number 2 in Germany with 13,500. But when I look into the profile>discography>song sales, the song was Number 1 in Italy but with 3,500 and Number 2 in Germany with 15,200. The same with the strrams. I'll put some screenshots in here. If you can, please, try to fix it.

Also, looking into the Latin America charts, the album Quota Radical has sold 22,813, but if you add up the sales of brazil, mexico and others, the result is 21,673. This is happening in Europe, Oceania and Asia too.

Comment

this is ridiculous

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-pO-3BvEzl...BUG%2BHARD.PNG

Comment

video' views are very loooow

I can't reach 2kk views

The most of my videos reach are 1,3kk

Please Antuan :/

Comment

Working...
                              X