No announcement yet.

1.0x

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you make it so that US albums get a boost from singles? Also when songs peak in the US can you have them fall slowly or increase for a little longer. You get no. 1 US singles that stay at number one and/or top 40 for many weeks but then you also get ones that are only no 1 for a week or 2 depending on competition and longevity so would be good to have it so that songs don't just peak and instantly drop which gets a bit predictablexf

Comment

Originally posted by Sauras View Post
      Could you make it so that US albums get a boost from singles? Also when songs peak in the US can you have them fall slowly or increase for a little longer. You get no. 1 US singles that stay at number one and/or top 40 for many weeks but then you also get ones that are only no 1 for a week or 2 depending on competition and longevity so would be good to have it so that songs don't just peak and instantly drop which gets a bit predictablexf
      Albums get a boost from top charting singles. As for the peaks, there's always going to be some peak, I think the game currently has peaks set to happen anywhere between the 1st and 26th charting week. I don't think that's so predictable, but what do you think? I'll consider making them fall more slowly, but I'm not sure about the 'increase for a little longer' idea.
      antuan@codeforjustice.com

Comment

• antuan
        antuan commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah ok yeah that makes sense -- I'll look at the boost for the US

• Sauras
        Sauras commented
        Editing a comment
        That's awesome

• Sauras
        Sauras commented
        Editing a comment
        Also... could EPs also get a bit of a boost?

antuan

I was thinking

maybe the "feats" could also appear in the artist's discography that is participating in the music, you know?

for example, if the single "feat" is # 1, this shouldn't be a hit only for the "owner" of the music, but also the artist who is working with him... and this could make the popularity of the participating artist also increases

just a suggestion

think about it

Comment

A way to make the charts more competitive is to have streaming added to the sales, like:

Single A sells 150,000 copies and is streamed 20m times in the USA in one week.
        Single B sells 70,000 copies and is streamed 35m times in the USA in one week.
        Each 150 song streams are equivalent to 1 digital track sale, so the chart would look like this:

Single A (150,000+133,333=283,333)
        Single B (70,000+233,333=303,333)

Although single A sold more digital copies, single B had more streams that contributed to its total sales. So B would be the #1 song while A the number #2 song.

For albums the equation is 10 digital track sales from an album equals one equivalent album sale and 1,500 song streams from an album equals one equivalent album sale.

What you guys think?

Comment

• Sauras
          Sauras commented
          Editing a comment
          This would definitely make things interesting

• Ben Patrick
          Ben Patrick commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. Also, I think that when you release an album, all the tracks should be available to buy separately, digitally, the same as in real life. That way there would be a slight possibility that they could chart (although very low if they did as they aren't being promoted separately). A song would then only usually climb the charts normally when released as a single as it's then being promoted as one. All digital sales of a single from an album should also count towards album sales as this happens in real life also. 10 digital sales = One album sale.

Originally posted by rebukeyuyi View Post
        A way to make the charts more competitive is to have streaming added to the sales, like:

Each 150 song streams are equivalent to 1 digital track sale, so the chart would look like this:

Single A (150,000+133,333=283,333)
        Single B (70,000+233,333=303,333)

Although single A sold more digital copies, single B had more streams that contributed to its total sales. So B would be the #1 song while A the number #2 song.

For albums the equation is 10 digital track sales from an album equals one equivalent album sale and 1,500 song streams from an album equals one equivalent album sale.

What you guys think?

Antuan should put a radio airplay system at the game too, the game can be more competitive and more interesting
        Like, releasing songs for some type of radios [rhythmic, urban, country, pop, adult contemporary, etc], according to the style of the song to be released.

Comment

calm down people =OOOO

Comment

Antuan

sometimes two songs have the same amount of streams in different weeks

this also happens in video views

the numbers are repeating

follow the example

Comment

Originally posted by antuan View Post
              Jobs imported alphabetically
              Moved developer controls to data check area (use not recmmoneded)
              Added chart population to dev tools (use if having trouble prepopulating when starting new game
              Fixed review bug that sometimes included reviews from wrong genres
              Currency issue when offering contracts
              Fixed: highest week / album / single chart records bug
              Added critic ratings to media screen
              Added recent releases to office screen
              Adjusted US Single Sales formula (Leading single on album peaks randomly between weeks 1 and 3, other singles between 1 and 26 weeks).

To install just replace exe:
              https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_u...ew?usp=sharing
              Good evening! Well after I updated my game to this new version it does not open! It is on the screen creating a save game and I can not play anymore!
              What do I do?

Comment

• antuan
                antuan commented
                Editing a comment
                Sounds like it's missing the latest setting file. Make sure it's included in the Files folder. Otherwise, a reinstall should do the trick.

- Both Original and Remixed/Collaboration version of song lose songwrite/producer once the collaboration/remix process works
              - I created an act on the Editor, this act "retired" without notice the week its first single got released
              - In the US singles chart album singles don't always peak between weeks 1 and 3, and when they do that..they start free falling and that's it. I'd like more longevity (randomly, of course).
              - Singles that peaks between 1 and 26 weeks climb up the chart too slowly (I like that, but it's a repeated pattern that needs more dinamic in my opinion)
              - Other singles charts are still to easy to climb even with artists with a very low popularity %

Comment

my lead singles ever debut in the top 10 people, the other debut in the top 20 and I think it's pretty realistic as well

My only suggestions are:

1) about collaboration between two artists --> I think the "feat" should also be considered as part of the participating artist's discography, not just one. And that these "feats" should increase the popularity of the participating artist as well in all places where the song was released;

2) The streams are very low! In "real life" a hit song can reach up to 1 billion streams, but in the game the songs reach only 35-45 million;

3) appearances on TV/Radio/Internet should have more effect on sales/ streaming (both albums as singles)

Those are my only comments. The rest of the game is all excellent.

Video views are SUPER realistic, and the average sales: we know that we can change them in the editor on the "locations"

Comment

Originally posted by Felipe Nunes View Post
                  my lead singles ever debut in the top 10 people, the other debut in the top 20 and I think it's pretty realistic as well
                  That happens to me to, but it's too random and when it's not that way there's a real slow climb (and It's not that the problem) but the single slowly climbing always ends up peaking in top 3 (and it's not this the problem) but it seems so "mathematic", don't know how to explain.

I think all singles should peak between week 1 and 26, with a chance to debut high (randomly) and to be more steady at peak (randomly). (MWR2 was perfect!)

Media still doesn't work, they don't help releases at all.

Comment

• Sauras
                    Sauras commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes this is exactly what I meant when I said it felt predictable! It feels like there is mathatical formula that repeats itself and there are only a few variations. So I'm hoping if Antuan stops the quick instant drop off the single has after its peak and if he allows promotion, awards, award performances and touring to affect singles and/or albums this will help take away that predictability because there will be other factors involved rather than the single acting based on only a formula

• Monky_2405
                    Monky_2405 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    For example, I have a single right now that debuted at #19 and is stuck in the top 20 for 13 weeks..and I'm good with that, it's struggling..but I'm sure that when it is 20-23 weeks old it will peak at #1, and I will have to do nothing! That's the problem to me!

• Felipe Nunes
                    Felipe Nunes commented
                    Editing a comment
                    oh yep

looking for that point of view I understand and agree

One of my artist's album rose from 119 to 2 in Canada (previous peak was #9) all because a single thate debuted at number 2 (don't know how since the act is 25% popular in canada and no promo!).
                  The fact that singles always go that high on charts, even in regions where the artist is not popular, makes the album rise too much on the charts (it was also a 15 weeks old album!). Those singles shouldn't chart that high so easy, and the album push should not be that strong! (Actually I think the "push" is working very good in the album chart! There's a rise, but not that impressive...right to keep the album charting well but not to re-peak after weeks!)
                  Last edited by Monky_2405; 06-29-2016, 03:48 PM.

Comment

I really wish we could have multiple genres on an album without having to change the artist's actual "genre." Obviously certain tracks in certain genres for certain artists of particular genres would be more of a "risk" in terms of sales; they could flop hard, or could completely skyrocket and become an unexpected huge success. This would be more realistic and I think the whole risk factor would make this game so much more exciting.
                    Last edited by Ben Patrick; 06-30-2016, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Monky_2405 View Post

I think all singles should peak between week 1 and 26, with a chance to debut high (randomly) and to be more steady at peak (randomly). (MWR2 was perfect!)
                      I quote myself to add that singles should peak randomly between week 1 and 26 with the random chance to smash right away, or the chance to grow slowly/moderately or the random chance to totally flop! All influenced by the marketing strategy, the media promotion, the artist popularity..the trends and so on!

Comment

Working...
                      X