Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.0x

Jobs imported alphabetically
    Moved developer controls to data check area (use not recmmoneded)
    Added chart population to dev tools (use if having trouble prepopulating when starting new game
    Fixed review bug that sometimes included reviews from wrong genres
    Currency issue when offering contracts
    Fixed: highest week / album / single chart records bug
    Added critic ratings to media screen
    Added recent releases to office screen
    Adjusted US Single Sales formula (Leading single on album peaks randomly between weeks 1 and 3, other singles between 1 and 26 weeks).

To install just replace exe:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_u...ew?usp=sharing
    [email protected]

[email protected]

Comment

Is there still little to no increase in popularity from touring? It's hard to increase popularity without that, especially in the US.

Comment

• antuan
        antuan commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes there is popularity increase. But your band has to perform well. If not they lose popularity or gain very little.

Love the new additions! Some notes from this version:

I’ve been mulling this over the past few days, and I think a few more things should probably give the user negative rep that currently don’t. Such as:
      -Killing an artist’s project (done through the Contract Single pop-ups, should be a high hit to your rep)

-Switching the artist’s genre (viewed as label meddling by the artists, this one should be a low hit - probably 1 or 2 - but have a fun Chattr message)

-Bankrupting a label (this should probably be the highest out of every negative option. Should tank your rep pretty hard, as it’s a sign you don’t know what you're doing, or have it start small but scale depending on how many labels you’ve tanked, if multiple. Or the rep hit could be tied to the rep of the label that went under. So tanking a more popular label, like Warner, would damage your rep more than tanking a small one like Adeline or To the Stars. Could also involve some fun Chattr messages from bands, or any hired staff members, that were on the label at the time of you bankrupting and are now unemployed).

-Minor, but slightly annoying bug. Let’s say I send an artist to record, and Artist Control (under Num of Songs) is disabled. I can select a number of songs, then enable it. If I then back out of the New Record screen (or if I record the songs then later on go to record a second session), the Num of Songs option has a number with the arrow buttons greyed out. The only way to ungrey them, so you can select a valid number of songs, is to check the Artist Control box then uncheck it again.

-I’m having a weird issue where Subjects, sometimes, are displayed with the incorrect Theme chosen. It’s as if they’re pulling from random themes, but not every time.

-Side projects are a little wonky, contract wise. Currently, they have non. No idea how many options they have, if any, but their Contract page is blank. Because of this, they have no advance (which is reflected on the pop-up offers for contract singles).

-Minor suggestion: On the Contract Negotiations screen, would it be possible to include any info from the Contracts screen here in some sort of table? It’d be a great indicator as to whether or not the band was successful, and whether you’d want to resign them or not. When you have the staff managing your bands, you’re flying blind in negotiations since you may not know how they performed.

-Another minor suggestion: Mind changing the “Festival Appearances” table to a “Festival and Awards Appearances” one? When managing a larger label, I’ve been noticing artists getting invites to perform live at a ton of different award shows, and it’d be neat to see which ones and when reflected somewhere that’s easy to access and read.

-Tour quality seems a tad low. One of my artists has a Live skill of 100, yet his highest show has been 66%. I’ve seen one AI Controlled artist hit in the 70’s with his show quality, and this was with a Live skill of 80%.

-Speaking of tours. This has been an issue since MWR2, but whenever I book a tour, the tour schedule is typically two shows back to back at the same venue. I’ve seen it happen before live, but it’s still fairly rare, and usually happens once in a blue moon, not every tour. If it’s a matter of running out of venues for longer tour legs, I think it’d be much neater to just have the tour dates loop every so many instead of them just booking venues back to back.

-Booking a DVD and Live Show recordings back to back (or possibly within the same week, have only tested it back to back) yields to the DVD recordings being unable to be released. The videos can also be released as singles (I don’t think this was possible back in MWR2, so it seems like a bug).

-If a song is a single, it can be released on a Greatest Hits album. But, other versions of that single can be too. This includes: live versions (both audio and video), remixes, and collabs.

-If you have an artist Go Solo, they remain in their original act. Back in MWR2, it’d remove them from their original act all together. Having them remain there leaves the Go Solo option as a more restrictive alternative to Side Projects, as the only literal difference is the name of the solo act being locked to that artist.

-Artists I’ve prematurely cut/terminated from my label (who’ve left those nasty and hilarious Chattr messages about me for doing so) have no problems hearing my contract offers. Surely my poor actions would’ve hurt their relationship towards me as a CEO and they'd refuse to want to sign with me given our history?

-Also, given that artists can have relationships and opinions about labels, it’d be nice to see this reflected somewhere. Currently I can tell an artist hates me and my label when I fire them from one act and try to recruit them to another, but I can’t seem to see this information on any relationship screen anywhere in the game. Given that every Relationship screen is geared towards the artist you’ve selected, I imagine an appropriate place for an Artist-Label relationship screen would be the Your Office screen somewhere, and it’d allow you to see your labels relationship with artists and acts within the game.

-Random question, but are random events still in the game? I remember seeing Chattr messages in an early beta about people meeting at clubs randomly or two people dating/starting a relationship. I haven’t noticed them in a while, but I’ve been chalking it up to how dense the mod is and those fun messages getting lost in the noise.
      Haven't looked too closely at chart performance here (which I now is a big focus of this testing version, sorry for so much other stuff reported), but I'll have some notes on that later in the weekend.

Comment

• YoungLondon
        YoungLondon commented
        Editing a comment
        Found some more stuff really quickly, posting it here:
        -Artists without any releases are eligible for awards, which doesn’t seem right to me. There should be an exception somewhere preventing them from being eligible for award nominations. Using the mod, one artist - Carman - was nominated for and won the Dove Alternative Artist of the Year award three years in a row. Carman had never been signed, nor had any releases.

-Graphical thing, but titles clip on the Awards Screen. Seems to clip the award event names that are beyond 20 characters. Several award shows exceed this limit, and are clipped mid word despite there being plenty of room for the title to fit.

-Speaking of Award Shows, I’m getting a weird bug with certain award shows. When it comes to Alternative Press and the Nick Kids Choice, the few messages I see in Chattr about them don’t properly link to their Award Show page. It shows a glitched page. Though, you can view the proper page for those Award Shows by going to the media page. It’s easier to show how the glitched page looks than to explain - https://i.imgur.com/ee988gV.jpg

-Game score on the Load Save screen isn’t accurate. It’s reporting 10k for mine when it’s actually ~35k.

-I love that Media Outlet pages now display their scores, but it seems like the more an outlet reviews, the less stable their page gets. It might just be because I’m using a save from the latest .9, but the screen for an outlet like Sputnik Music or The AV Club (who’s reviewed a ton in my save) almost crashes the game upon loading. Even when the screen pops up, it takes ~30 seconds or so before I can interact with it without crashing the game. Maybe the Recent Critic Reviews portion should be trimmed down/capped at something lower to prevent this from being an issue.

• YoungLondon
        YoungLondon commented
        Editing a comment
        Someone found this on the Steam forums, but when you go to manufacture more units for a release, the column at the bottom that calculates the cost has a 'Current Stock' column that always displays 0, regardless of what the current stock actually is.

• Dubyalicious
        Dubyalicious commented
        Editing a comment
        -If a song is a single, it can be released on a Greatest Hits album. But, other versions of that single can be too. This includes: live versions (both audio and video), remixes, and collabs.
        I like the idea of being able to release a live (or remix) version of a single on the GH.

The game is not releasing physical copies to their controlled artists, only digital.

Comment

• antuan
        antuan commented
        Editing a comment
        I think this is only the case for singles.

• rebukeyuyi
        rebukeyuyi commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh yes, sorry.

• antuan
        antuan commented
        Editing a comment
        Np thanks, it was still an issue and thanks to you it's been fixed! It's especially helpful for the AI-controlled bands in the UK since a bigger number buy physical units in the game. You should see more competition on the charts now.

Antuan still hasn't addressed the problem with releasing only 16 songs at a time. You need to change this to be able to release up to 30 songs not 16 songs.

Comment

• YoungLondon
        YoungLondon commented
        Editing a comment
        You can set this in the editor now.

• antuan
        antuan commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll also change it for the next data set.

The digital streams are so low.

Comment

Originally posted by rebukeyuyi View Post
        The digital streams are so low.
        I agree, they should be doubled or more.

Comment

• antuan
          antuan commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll adjust them.

When signing new bands, even if you exceed the demanded record advance, it still keeps asking you to meet the minimum advance and you can't sign them.

Comment

• antuan
          antuan commented
          Editing a comment
          Hmm this bug happens to players who use non-US currency. I thought I fixed it but looks like not. Could you tell me which currency and which band(s) you tried to sign?

• antuan
          antuan commented
          Editing a comment
          Also just to be sure, you are playing with this 1.0x build and not 0.9, correct?

• Ben Patrick
          Ben Patrick commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry Antuan, I'd downloaded 1.0 but hadn't yet patched the game lol

Something else is a bit bothering, but it's not a major bug... When you create a new artist based in Asia, it automatically put their country of origin as China. Could there be something that would allow us to choose not only their continent of origin but also the country?

Comment

• antuan
          antuan commented
          Editing a comment
          Hmm. If you used any of the developers tools on the advanced screen that may have messed something up. If not, I don't see why it wouldn't work since you should be able to fifty bands just fine. If you really want me to talk a look you can email me the files. Also are you using the official RLMod or a converted one from MWR2?

• junglefish
          junglefish commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I may have done that by mistake... Welp.I don't think there's much you can do to help me, but I've sent you the files (via wetransfer) at your codeforjustice email address. Thanks for your help.

• antuan
          antuan commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll try to fix it

i can't even start a game after downloading the 1.0 update

It tells me that the data has to be updated and once it is. no game will start. they all pause on the last step of creating save

Comment

• antuan
          antuan commented
          Editing a comment
          which data set are you using ? are using the official rlmod? the other thing is making sure you have the latest settings file in the files folder

• trife06
          trife06 commented
          Editing a comment
          I just downloaded the rlmod and as soon as i put the 1.0 file in the folder and run it. i get the freeze

I'm not so sure my lead singles have been peaking between weeks 1 and 3. Most of my singles seem to peak later rather than sooner, regardless of the amount of promo I do or the artist's popularity.

Comment

• rebukeyuyi
          rebukeyuyi commented
          Editing a comment
          I noticed most of the songs peak between the week 12 and 15, but I had once a song peaking in its 5th week and it was the 4th single and other time in the 2nd week with a second single.

Antuan, with both RlMod and default data I cannot play This version since When I try To start a new Game I'm stuck at the "adding player ti Game world" screen!

Comment

• antuan
          antuan commented
          Editing a comment
          Just download the patch and make sure to put the 'Settings.rev' file in the files folder.

• antuan
          antuan commented
          Editing a comment
          This is assuming you're using the C4J version and not steam. If you're using steam, I don't think the test build will work correctly.

• Monky_2405
          Monky_2405 commented
          Editing a comment
          I unistalled the game and re-installed Antuan and it worked! I'm having troubles with my pc this days! I'll test and report as soon as I can! Also Antuan..where in the Editor can I edit retirement?

About the US sales, this is happening with all my singles:

Week 1: 46.804
        Week 2: 52.655
        Week 3: 60.177
        Week 4: 70.206
        Week 5: 84.249
        Week 6: 105.310
        Week 7: 140.414
        Week 8: 210.620
        Week 9: 421.241
        Week 10: 210.620 (just like the week 8)
        Week 11: 140.414 (just like the week 7)
        Week 12: 105.310 (just like the week 6)
        Week 13: 84.249 (just like week 5)
        and this is happenning always... i think, if the us formula was like in the mwr2, it will be better

Comment

• antuan
          antuan commented
          Editing a comment
          You're correct, the current formula does currently result in patterns like this in the US. I'll make some adjustments so this doesn't happen.

And this stranger bug is happening with my album: everytime I try to manufacture my album, the game release a new album but the sales doesn't appear to me, also, everytime i try to see my album page, like, overall, sales... the game goes to the page of some random single

Here a print, my album "Slave" appears another 2 times and it happens after i tried to do the manufacture, and also, when i try to open the album page, the game goes to other pages and doesn't show the sales, i always need to go to the charts to see it
        Click image for larger version

Name:	album prof.png
Views:	4
Size:	450.7 KB
ID:	2900

Click image for larger version

Name:	album sales.png
Views:	4
Size:	429.2 KB
ID:	2901

Comment

• antuan
          antuan commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you mean release in a new territory or manufacture more physical units?

• brgomez
          brgomez commented
          Editing a comment
          manufacture more physical units
      Working...
      X