Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Execution Error

Hello,
    After I received the new key for the steam version, I installed the game and opened it. But when I'm in the menu or clicking on something I get an "execution error". Is there a way to fix it?
    I'm playing the newest version (1.17) and I have FM.

Thank you for the help.

Originally posted by Wambels View Post
    Hello,
    After I received the new key for the steam version, I installed the game and opened it. But when I'm in the menu or clicking on something I get an "execution error". Is there a way to fix it?
    I'm playing the newest version (1.17) and I have FM.

Thank you for the help.
    When you get that pop up, there should be a button allowing you to save the error message to your computer. Would you mind doing that right clicking on it, and opening the message in a text editor and copy+pasting what it says here.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungLondon View Post

When you get that pop up, there should be a button allowing you to save the error message to your computer. Would you mind doing that right clicking on it, and opening the message in a text editor and copy+pasting what it says here.
      Sure, here's the error:
      Executing at 12:54:34 PM on Saturday, April 6, 2019
      Type: Chunk: can't find stack
      Object: stack "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Music Wars Empire/Music Wars Empire.exe"
      Line: start using stack (gfilename & "/Files/Active.rev")
      Line Num: 55
      Hint: preOpenStack

Comments:
      Also, when I installed the game, it had an icon of a globe in the desktop (shortcut), is this how it supposed to be?

Comment

Did you copy anything over from your old Code4Justice version before trying to play with the Steam version?

Comment

Did you copy anything over from your old Code4Justice version before trying to play with the Steam version?
          Yes, my save and the files folder, and I'm using the "Project Real World 3" mod.

Comment

Originally posted by Wambels View Post

Yes, my save and the files folder, and I'm using the "Project Real World 3" mod.
            Ah. The problem is your Active.rev file. We up then downgraded our dev environment between the test versions, so the one you have now is probably from the newer version.
            Go into your Files folder and delete the Active.rev file. Then in Steam, right click on MWE and click properties. Click Local Files and then the Verify Integrity of Game Files button. It should scan the folder and detect that missing file, and redownload the right one.

Comment

Ah. The problem is your Active.rev file. We up then downgraded our dev environment between the test versions, so the one you have now is probably from the newer version.
              Go into your Files folder and delete the Active.rev file. Then in Steam, right click on MWE and click properties. Click Local Files and then the Verify Integrity of Game Files button. It should scan the folder and detect that missing file, and redownload the right one.
              That worked, thank you!

Comment

I'm getting another execution error when I try to edit the name of the songs, here's the error:
                Executing at 5:44:13 PM on Monday, April 8, 2019
                Type: Chunk: can't find object
                Object: group "Songs" of card "Release 2" of stack "Artists" of stack "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Music Wars Empire/Music Wars Empire.exe"
                Line:
                Line Num: 0
                Hint: 9738435

Comments:

Comment

I did everything from above, and i'm still getting an execution error when i try to edit release types and when i click on artists.
                  This is what it read

Executing at 3:15:26 PM on Monday, April 8, 2019
                  Type: Handler: can't find handler
                  Object: field "list" of card "artists" of stack "Game Editor" of stack "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Music Wars Empire/Music Wars Empire.exe"
                  Line: send mouseup to button "songwriter"
                  Line Num: 158
                  Hint: mouseup

Comment

Originally posted by Cashfuls View Post
                    I did everything from above, and i'm still getting an execution error when i try to edit release types and when i click on artists.
                    This is what it read

Executing at 3:15:26 PM on Monday, April 8, 2019
                    Type: Handler: can't find handler
                    Object: field "list" of card "artists" of stack "Game Editor" of stack "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Music Wars Empire/Music Wars Empire.exe"
                    Line: send mouseup to button "songwriter"
                    Line Num: 158
                    Hint: mouseup
                    Turns out we left our debugger on and those errors are harmless. Antuan's pushed a patch removing it, so let us know if you still experience it when you update.

Comment

Turns out we left our debugger on and those errors are harmless. Antuan's pushed a patch removing it, so let us know if you still experience it when you update.
                      I tried to edit the name of the song and I got no error, thank you for fixing it!

Comment

Working...
                      X