Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MWE FM asks for serial number everytime

So antuan...

I bought the new patch FM, did the install procedure and I played for like 3 months in the game and then I closed it...

After that when I opened it again, the game was asking for serial number AGAIN, and for me to login on my account AGAIN, so I uninstalled and reinstalled to see if it would fix and nothing has changed...

What can I do??

it was asking for the base serial and the fm serial......

Comment

The first time you launch the game, it'll prompt you for both serials. If you enter both, you should be good to go and it shouldn't prompt you again. If you didn't buy FM, it will prompt you each time you launch to enter your FM code, and users who didn't purchase Fm can close that window and continue playing.

If you've entered both and it prompts you every time, I think (read: not 100% sure) it's an issue with Windows not giving the directory you've installed MWE to write permissions, and thus isn't actually storing the cd key in the proper places in game for it to register it as bought when you launch the game next.

One thing you can do is right click your MWE folder, go to Properties, and uncheck the "Read-Only" box if that's enabled. Then launch the game, enter your info, close out, and see if it'll bug you about it again if you load the game. If that doesn't work, I'd try a fresh install again, but this time, right click the installer exe and choose "Run as Adminstrator" and see if that makes a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungLondon View Post
        The first time you launch the game, it'll prompt you for both serials. If you enter both, you should be good to go and it shouldn't prompt you again. If you didn't buy FM, it will prompt you each time you launch to enter your FM code, and users who didn't purchase Fm can close that window and continue playing.

If you've entered both and it prompts you every time, I think (read: not 100% sure) it's an issue with Windows not giving the directory you've installed MWE to write permissions, and thus isn't actually storing the cd key in the proper places in game for it to register it as bought when you launch the game next.

One thing you can do is right click your MWE folder, go to Properties, and uncheck the "Read-Only" box if that's enabled. Then launch the game, enter your info, close out, and see if it'll bug you about it again if you load the game. If that doesn't work, I'd try a fresh install again, but this time, right click the installer exe and choose "Run as Adminstrator" and see if that makes a difference.
        Thank you!

Comment

Working...
        X