Editor question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editor question

What is the disc section in the editor do? and How I do I use it? YoungLondon antuan does anyone know?

The Disc section of the editor handles existing releases for artists. If you add a release there for a specific artist, then start the game, that release you added in will be set for the artist in game.

To use it, all you need to do is click "New", select an Act you want to add the disc for, then select the format. You can then add how many physical units were printed, how many sold, the type of ad campaign used, etc. It is worth noting that if you want to manually add in releases this way, you'll need to add songs for those artists in the Songs section of the editor, as adding Discs will require you to choose songs from a setlist, and without songs added, you can't give the Disc a tracklist.

Someone who had a lot of time and desire for detail could use this section to add back catalogues for artists in the RL Mod for example. But generally, as you play the game and albums/singles/etc are released, their data gets stored in that section.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungLondon View Post
      The Disc section of the editor handles existing releases for artists. If you add a release there for a specific artist, then start the game, that release you added in will be set for the artist in game.

To use it, all you need to do is click "New", select an Act you want to add the disc for, then select the format. You can then add how many physical units were printed, how many sold, the type of ad campaign used, etc. It is worth noting that if you want to manually add in releases this way, you'll need to add songs for those artists in the Songs section of the editor, as adding Discs will require you to choose songs from a setlist, and without songs added, you can't give the Disc a tracklist.

Someone who had a lot of time and desire for detail could use this section to add back catalogues for artists in the RL Mod for example. But generally, as you play the game and albums/singles/etc are released, their data gets stored in that section.
      If I Add in a disc , will It Appear On the best selling albums list?

Comment

Originally posted by littlemonster2008 View Post

If I Add in a disc , will It Appear On the best selling albums list?
        In theory, sure, as long as its sales figures are high enough to beat out the other albums released and make it up on the list, though I haven't tested this myself.

Comment

Working...
        X