Game not starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game not starting

So I just bought the game from codeforjustice.com and installed it, but when I click on it Microsoft's User Account Control comes up asking "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your PC?" and I click yes, and after that nothing happens.

It is installed in the correct folder, and I run it as administrator and with compatibility mode, so I don't know what's wrong.

Originally posted by fab View Post
    So I just bought the game from codeforjustice.com and installed it, but when I click on it Microsoft's User Account Control comes up asking "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your PC?" and I click yes, and after that nothing happens.

It is installed in the correct folder, and I run it as administrator and with compatibility mode, so I don't know what's wrong.
    Which folder is it installed to? It should be installed to the C:/ directory, not program files. Also, make sure you allow an exception through your firewall / virus protector.
    [email protected]

Comment

It's installed to C:\Wolverine Studios\Music Wars Rebirth 2.

Now I'll try to make an exception with the firewall/anti-virus.

Comment

That's the correct directory.
        [email protected]

Comment

Any idea if it could be AVG or McAfee that's causing the problem?

Comment

It could be since the game tries to connect online for serial as soon as you open it. Hmm, try disabling the programs for a minute or two and try to activate it.
            [email protected]

Comment

Disabled antivirus + uninstalled the firewall but still nothing

Comment

by the way, I managed to install MWR1 (which installed itself in the Program files directory)

Comment

Try taking it off compatibility mode. Send me an email, so we can communicate faster.
                  [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                  X