This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important Update Regarding All Music Wars Players

Hey guys, we’ve got a pretty big update to announce that will directly affect everybody here on the forums.

We’ve recently gotten word from eSellerate, the company who manages the DRM system we use (the serial keys) that they’re shutting down their program and rolling out a new one starting in June. While anyone who’s purchased any games using this system will still be able to activate and deactivate their games, once this new system is rolled out, all software using their old system will need to be updated to their new platform or else no new purchases of software using their old system can be made. Basically, if we don’t update MWE, FM, and MWR2 to their new system, or take other changes, before they make this switch, no new copies of MWE, FM, or MWR2 can be purchased.

There’s a lot of questions in the air, and to keep this as short and succinct as possible, we’ve decided to forgo inquiring about their new SDK or looking for alternatives, and are going with what we were planning to do with the next game in development anyway.

We’ve removed all of eSellerate’s DRM from all existing Music Wars titles (MWE, FM, MWR2) and will be migrating them all over to Steam. All future updates and titles will be pushed as Steam exclusive, since we’ll be using Steam as our new DRM system. Once we get the latest update and FM shifted over to Steam, we’ll be closing down our webstore, as the infrastructure behind it relies on this soon to be defunct eSellerate program.

For Steam users: This means MWE will be updated and will use only the Steam DRM from here on out, so no need to worry about those pesky serial codes every time you install the game. It also means that FM will be available for purchase once we’ve cleared Valve’s review process, as our big hurdle preventing its inclusion on Steam was integrating our eSellerate keys with the Steam system (Valve barred third party keys from Steam shortly before we released FM on our webstore). We’ll also be temporarily discounting MWE once FM drops on Steam, though we’ll have more details on how much and how long once FM clears the review and we can establish a solid release date.

For users here who’ve purchased MWE/FM from the webstore, since we will be patching out the eSellerate drm, we’ll no longer be providing updates here via the forums and you’ll no longer to be able to download new updates that won’t be released through Steam. You will, however, be provided with a free Steam key so you can migrate your game over to the Steam platform and continue to play the latest versions of MWE as they release through Steam. Antuan’s going to be generating Steam keys over the next few days, and once we have enough, we’ll be sending them out to you guys. Make sure you email one of us with your order confirmation emails (one for MWE and one for FM if you’ve purchased it), and we’ll send out you your Steam keys when they’re generated. Expect to receive MWE keys before FM keys, depending on how long it takes for FM to get approved for release on Steam.

If anyone chooses to not switch over to Steam and stay with their CodeForJustice webstore version for whatever reason: You’ll still be able to use your serial to install and activate with the updates already available on the forums here (the latest being the 1.17 test builds). But any newer updates will only be pushed to the Steam build, so you’ll be unable to play with the latest versions unless you make the switch.

While it will no longer be available for purchase in our store once we shutdown the webstore, anyone who’s previously purchased MWR2 will still be available to install and activate the game with their keys as they’ve always done. Let me be clear: This change from eSellerate will not affect anyone’s ability to activate and play MWR2!

Anyone out there who hasn’t yet purchased MWR2 but would like to will be able to purchase the game on Steam in the near future. If you’re adverse to using Steam and haven’t yet purchased MWR2, but would still like to, consider now the time to buy. Again, if you choose to purchase MWR2 now, this change will not impact your ability to activate and play the game.

We’re going to need to go through the Steam submission process for MWR2 again, so we’ll have more updates on that when we begin the submission process and get the ball rolling.

We know this may be an inconvenience to you guys, and we apologize for the switch to Steam and any inconveniences that occur from it. If anyone has any questions about any of this, feel free to ask below in this thread!

Steam approval process was quicker than we thought.

The official Steam release of FM will be this Friday, April 5th. With FM releasing on Steam, we'll also be releasing the official 1.17 update and MWE will be going on a two week sale at 30% off.

Comment

Is this the email? antuan@codeforjustice.com

And can I send already?

Comment

Originally posted by rebukeyuyi View Post
        Is this the email? antuan@codeforjustice.com

And can I send already?
        Yeah, you can email your order confirmations to either Antuan at that email or me.

I don't think we have all the keys together yet, but if you email one of us now we'll email you back with your keys when we have them all made.
        Last edited by YoungLondon; 04-23-2019, 01:12 AM.

Comment

What does this mean for the Mac version of the game?

Comment

Our plan is to set up a test branch on Steam specifically for the Mac test builds

Comment

Posting here again to let you guys know we've gotten FM approved and the 1.17 update is now live on Steam! We've also got our Steam keys in and are sending out emails to everyone who's gotten in touch with us with their order confirmations.

If you haven't yet, shoot an email to either Antuan or I with your order confirmation (the email you received upon purchasing MWE/FM that contains your serials) and we'll reply back when we can with your Steam keys!

Comment

Originally posted by YoungLondon View Post
                Posting here again to let you guys know we've gotten FM approved and the 1.17 update is now live on Steam! We've also got our Steam keys in and are sending out emails to everyone who's gotten in touch with us with their order confirmations.

If you haven't yet, shoot an email to either Antuan or I with your order confirmation (the email you received upon purchasing MWE/FM that contains your serials) and we'll reply back when we can with your Steam keys!
                Wait, I'm reading about all of this just now. I mailed both of you with PDFs of my order confirmations!

Comment

Question; what are mac users meant to do? I gave my friend the key I received that I'd bought for him and he's put it into his Steam but can't play the game since the Steam version's still windows only? Is he just meant to continue using the old version for now until Steam gets Mac compatibility?

Comment

Originally posted by RihannaRTT View Post
                    Question; what are mac users meant to do? I gave my friend the key I received that I'd bought for him and he's put it into his Steam but can't play the game since the Steam version's still windows only? Is he just meant to continue using the old version for now until Steam gets Mac compatibility?
                    I'll ask Antuan to put up the latest Mac build in a testing branch on Steam. In the mean time, yeah, have your friend keep using the old version.

Comment

Hi guys!
                      I got MW from steam and FM from another place. now that the last update has come, FM functions are not on my game.
                      I already send an email to Antuan but i didnt receive the answer yet.

antuan@codeforjustice.com is this email correct ?

Comment

Hey! Same here for me- I emailed Antuan a couple weeks ago but haven't had a response yet. Just wondering when I might hear back? Thanks!

Comment

what e-mail do we send this to?

Comment

Sent an email to antuan regarding getting steam keys for MWE & FM.

antuan YoungLondon

Comment

Working...
                            X