Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I’m working on a mod and would like help understanding a couple things.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I’m working on a mod and would like help understanding a couple things.

    I’m making my own custom mod and am wondering what’s the difference between ‘Songs’ and ‘New Songs’, ‘Acts’ and ‘New Acts’ and what is ‘Discs’?

    Also, are all releases pre-determined? For example, if I create a custom song — will a random act release that song or do I manually have to go in and edit it so the act I choose releases that song at a certain date?

    Thanks for the help.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Jumido_XL View Post
    I’m making my own custom mod and am wondering what’s the difference between ‘Songs’ and ‘New Songs’, and what is ‘Discs’?
    New Songs is used for new songs, specifically with the titles of new songs. When bands come back from recording sessions with their songs, all of the titles generated are pulled from here. One thing I've learned with this section is, no matter how many titles you put in here, you're going to see the titles used and reused a lot in game. When I did the first RL Mod, I wound up adding ~1000 new song titles, and I still see them all used alot.

    Once a song is written, and is assigned to an artist in game, it's placed in the Songs category of the editor. With most, if not all mods, this section will be empty, but if you take an existing save and place its files in the Files folder, and open them in the editor as you would a mod, you'd find every song released in your save in this section. It'll also log the songwriters, producers, featured artists, genre, theme, quality. When the song is released, either as a single, album, etc, that release is then placed in the Discs portion of the editor, which is where sales figures and whatnot are stored.

    Originally posted by Jumido_XL View Post
    I’m making my own custom mod and am wondering what’s the difference between ‘Acts’ and ‘New Acts’
    Acts is where, well, Acts are stored. When you create an artist, like say Billy Joe Armstrong from Green Day, he's just one artist. Using the in game terms, his band, Green Day, is the act. That's what's stored in the Acts section, all info pertaining to the Act at the time of the game's beginning: Years their formed, genre, name, description, popularity, members, etc.

    New Acts is used for acts to be generated by the game after the save has began. In past games, a number of acts would be generated each year, so the game would remain populated as previous acts retire or stop selling albums. If you poke around this section of the editor, you'll see you can include a name for the new Act, gender for its artists, genre, where they're from, minimum/maximum amount of members, whether they're producers or songwriters, and any names.

    Originally posted by Jumido_XL View Post
    Also, are all releases pre-determined? For example, if I create a custom song — will a random act release that song or do I manually have to go in and edit it so the act I choose releases that song at a certain date?

    Thanks for the help.
    Knowing what I said above, you can have releases set as pre-determined through the mod. Meaning if you wanted to, you could manually create every song in the Songs section of the editor, then assign them to a release in the Discs portion of the editor, and those settings you set for them will remain for any saves that use that data as their mod.

    Though, it is worth noting: All releases are not pre-determined if they aren't defined in the editor beforehand. Any releases released when you start your save will vary based on a variety of factors, such as quality of the songs (which is determined by the bands stats, genre, motivation at time of writing, studio quality, timeframe, etc), marketing budget, etc. It wouldn't be fun if the game was predetermined and everything was the same every time you played

    Really those sections of the editor are more for in game storage of stats and info for releases as they're calculated in game, and would only be of use for modding if you wanted to go in and add in artist backlogs for realism's sake.



    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by YoungLondon View Post

      New Songs is used for new songs, specifically with the titles of new songs. When bands come back from recording sessions with their songs, all of the titles generated are pulled from here. One thing I've learned with this section is, no matter how many titles you put in here, you're going to see the titles used and reused a lot in game. When I did the first RL Mod, I wound up adding ~1000 new song titles, and I still see them all used alot.

      Once a song is written, and is assigned to an artist in game, it's placed in the Songs category of the editor. With most, if not all mods, this section will be empty, but if you take an existing save and place its files in the Files folder, and open them in the editor as you would a mod, you'd find every song released in your save in this section. It'll also log the songwriters, producers, featured artists, genre, theme, quality. When the song is released, either as a single, album, etc, that release is then placed in the Discs portion of the editor, which is where sales figures and whatnot are stored.



      Acts is where, well, Acts are stored. When you create an artist, like say Billy Joe Armstrong from Green Day, he's just one artist. Using the in game terms, his band, Green Day, is the act. That's what's stored in the Acts section, all info pertaining to the Act at the time of the game's beginning: Years their formed, genre, name, description, popularity, members, etc.

      New Acts is used for acts to be generated by the game after the save has began. In past games, a number of acts would be generated each year, so the game would remain populated as previous acts retire or stop selling albums. If you poke around this section of the editor, you'll see you can include a name for the new Act, gender for its artists, genre, where they're from, minimum/maximum amount of members, whether they're producers or songwriters, and any names.



      Knowing what I said above, you can have releases set as pre-determined through the mod. Meaning if you wanted to, you could manually create every song in the Songs section of the editor, then assign them to a release in the Discs portion of the editor, and those settings you set for them will remain for any saves that use that data as their mod.

      Though, it is worth noting: All releases are not pre-determined if they aren't defined in the editor beforehand. Any releases released when you start your save will vary based on a variety of factors, such as quality of the songs (which is determined by the bands stats, genre, motivation at time of writing, studio quality, timeframe, etc), marketing budget, etc. It wouldn't be fun if the game was predetermined and everything was the same every time you played

      Really those sections of the editor are more for in game storage of stats and info for releases as they're calculated in game, and would only be of use for modding if you wanted to go in and add in artist backlogs for realism's sake.


      This Never works for me correctly

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by littlemonster2008 View Post

        This Never works for me correctly
        Which part?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by YoungLondon View Post

          Which part?
          When I try to add discs and songs to the game for backlog for artist it never shows up correctly and the sales are always negative. try it out for yourself so you can understand what i Mean.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by littlemonster2008 View Post

            When I try to add discs and songs to the game for backlog for artist it never shows up correctly and the sales are always negative. try it out for yourself so you can understand what i Mean.
            Mind sending me your save?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by YoungLondon View Post

              Mind sending me your save?
              How Do I send it to you?

              Comment

              Working...
              X